Friday, 21 October 2011

My Book Response

All this fear. All this confusion. Because of me.
Jack Osborne is an ordinary sixth grade boy. Joanne, his older sister, is always telling him what to do, and she never lets Jack in her room. That's typical of older sisters. Mr. Osborne owns an airplane business and, he is out of the country a lot. One mysterious night two men come in and tie up Joanne, Jack, and Mrs. Osborne. The men threaten to kill the family if they tell the police what happened that night. The police come over after the men leave and say that Mr. Osborne is in jail because his airplanes had been transporting drugs.
The police put the Osbornes in the Witness Protection Program and send the to a small town called Elko. They have to change their names to Zach and Wanda Granger. In his new school Zach meets Sam, the custodian, and Caitlin, a girl in his class who he starts to like. Zach runs into trouble when he give the school bully, Peter, a black eye. Peter swore to get revenge.
When I read the part when Peter threatened Zach that he would tell everybody in Elko that Zach was Jack unless Zach broke up with Caitlin, I predicted that no-one would believe Peter. I thought this because, he gave the journal with the evidence back to Zach. In the area of the book when Alonzo, the leader of the two men that tied up the Osbornes, finds out that the family is in Elko, I thought that Zach should've dyed his hair blond because Alonzo would definatly notice Jack. In the beginning of the book they men said that they would know if the Osbornes told the police, they would know. Mr. Osborne's attorney, Bender, was trying to become Mrs. Osborne's attorney. I inferred that Bender was working for Alonzo because that could be way that the men could keep an eye the Osbornes.
I really thought Zach's Lie was really suspenseful and full of action, so I hope other people will read it too! There is also a sequel called Jack's Run, and I hope to read it soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please use this blog to comment on ONLY 'academic' matters or to answer a classmate's academic questions. You must leave your name if you comment. NO SOCIAL NETWORKING ALLOWED on this blog. Thank you Maya S.