Sunday, 20 November 2011

Qrt 2 Week 5 Response

Today our class had about 40 minutes to do the final touches to our personal persuasive essay. I have uploaded a copy on the right. I think my essay is pretty good because I shared my thesis statement to the class, and Mr. Buxton said it was "spot on." Also, my power 2s related to my thesis, which is a good thing. The only thing I'm not too sure about is my restate sentence because I found it hard to relate my restate to my power 3s. Yesterday and the day before yesterday, Mr. Buxton started read Freedom Summer by Deborah Wiles. On the first day my class focused on analyzing character using the character's actions, words, traits, relationships, and thinking. On the second day we focused on finding out who had the power in different sections of the book. I think I understand both of them pretty well. A few days ago we also were given a reading folder that has a reading log inside of it. Personally, I don't like the reading log because it is annoying and it takes time away from my reading. Again, this is just my personal opinion. I also have to work harder on my goal to write deeper thinking post-it notes in my reading book. The rest of my goals are going well, though. Also, in science class, my class had a quiz on the human body system. The winning table group got to decide what the seating arrangement would be for the next class. It ended up that two of the tables won, and one was my table! On Friday, it was UN Day, and I forgot to bring my new Scotland shirt! It was really complicated, but somehow the shirt made its way up to school. During the UN assembly they showed all the presentations that the 5th grade classes made. It was so funny how the kids in video hid their faces when the video was on the screen. I really enjoyed this week. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Maya- thanks for the speech! Really helps me! I am getting a head start on memorizing the speech. But half the speech i don't really get. do you?

    ReplyDelete

Please use this blog to comment on ONLY 'academic' matters or to answer a classmate's academic questions. You must leave your name if you comment. NO SOCIAL NETWORKING ALLOWED on this blog. Thank you Maya S.