Thursday, 3 November 2011
Qtr 2 Week 2- Week Review
My goal progress for managing my time is going well; sadly, I' am not stepping out of my comfort zone as much as I should. Next week I will do at least one thing different from what I normally do. In class we have genre pizzas. Each time I read a different genre, I have to fill out reading sheet with my thinking. After that, I can present it to Mr. Buxton and then, if he says "yes", I can a pizza slice on my chart. If I fill up the chart by Febuary 14th, I can join the class pizza party. So far I have read three books, but I have only filled one sheet. This means I can't get my pizza slices. :( Today my book group presented our prezi to class, but there was too much technology. This caused our group to be unorganized and, we lost the attention of the rest of the class. Mr. Buxton graded us the second highest grade, but reminded us "less is more". I thought one piece of technology shouldn't have been added, but the rest of the group thought it we should keep it. In math this week I relearnt how to multiply fractions because I forgot during the pretest. I hope I can remember the trick for a long time now. I'm thinking about entering a contest with my dad. Would that be considered as "stepping out of my little, yellow box"? I hope you all have a good time during the long weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That depends on if the competition is something that you find challenging or nervous about.
ReplyDeleteIt definitely sounds like a start.
Why not do something simple and spend a day trying to make a new friend?
Don't just summarize when reflecting. Show learning by commenting on what life lessons you had and what you would do differently in similar situations.
This was one of ths trongest weekly reflections i have read overall. Well done!
It was great that you used the ; complex sentence technique. You are good at getting yourself to do better and admit that you need to step out of your comfort zone a little more.
ReplyDeleteMaya- how did you get your popplet to be like that?
ReplyDeleteI like how in your writing you used complex and compound sentances! well done, keep up the good work!
ReplyDelete